Nexus Infrastructure creates long-term sustainable organic growth and value for stakeholders.
Use the tabs below to find out more about how we create value
Our investment case
Housing and infrastructure
- Housing shortage and regeneration of urban and brownfield areas
- National Housing Federation has identified the need for up to 340,000 new homes in England per year up to 2031
- Government stimulus including commitments to simplify planning and investment zones to accelerate housing delivery
- Social changes driven by the pandemic such as household changes and desire for more internal and external space
- Support driven by accepted importance of the housing market to the wider economy
- Growth in residential services due to the national housing shortage and requirement for affordable housing
- Broadened product and services demand within groundworks and infrastructure capability
- Non-private tenure provides more predictable delivery requirements
- Supporting high pace delivery with modular and off-site builds
Nexus’ mission is to be recognised as the leading provider of sustainable infrastructure services in the UK, by delivering outstanding performance through a focus on delivery, customer service and diversification.
Our strategic priorities
Focus and consistently
optimise service offering
- Improving operational delivery
- Selective on customers
- Management of inflation
growing market segments
- PRS housing markets
- On site civil engineering associated with heat networks driven by FHS
- Net zero and modular market
Focus on delivering
- Relentless focus on improving margins to historic levels
Our business model
The resources and relationships we need to run our business:
Highly skilled, motivated and loyal workforce.
Experienced senior management team and Board.
Attractive and growing addressable markets supported by Government housing strategies.
A strong balance sheet provides resilience and sustainability.
Design and estimating
Programme and logistics
Procurement and resources
Positive fundamental market growth drivers to enable a progressive dividend policy.
Relationships, partnerships and effective engagement with our customers to understand their individual challenges and needs.
Group purpose and values with a strong focus on staff development and learning as well as health, safety and wellbeing.
Financial support to charities, staff volunteering days, supporting educational organisations and pupils, and more.
Safety and sustainability
Our fundamental goal is that everyone goes home safely at the end of every day. The health, safety and wellbeing of our people is at the forefront of everything we do, supported by safety campaigns, training and wellbeing initiatives. In addition, taking care of our environment and supporting the delivery of sustainable infrastructure is core to our approach.
Our customers choose us because we take the time to fully understand their project objectives. We have continuously expanded our advice and guidance to our customers, to include options for enhancing and accelerating the route towards their sustainability and decarbonisation goals.
By working closely with our customers as early as possible in their projects, we can develop the right technical solution for their individual and evolving needs. Our teams will always challenge assumptions and wherever possible find a better way to deliver the best solutions for our customers’ projects.
The Board uses key performance indicators to measure its progress against the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Revenue and revenue growth track our performance against our strategic aim to grow the business
- Tracking adjusted operating profit ensures that the focus remains on delivering profitable outcomes on our contracts
- Tracking the after-tax earnings relative to the average number of shares in issue provides a monitor on shareholder value
- Tracking the total dividend per share declared for each financial year provides a monitor on the return achieved for shareholders
- Tracking the cash balance monitors the conversion of profits into cash, ensuring that cash is available for reinvestment or distribution to shareholders
- The tracking of the order book, being the amount of secured work yet to be recorded as revenue provides visibility on expected future revenue against the strategic aim to grow the business
- The tracking of the Group’s net assets monitors the Group’s financial strength and stability
- Health and safety is of paramount importance as the Group works in sectors which carry significant health and safety risks
- Tracking the Group’s CO2 emissions allows us to monitor the impact of our businesses on the environment
1 Total revenue, including discontinued operations
2 Adjusted operating profit is operating profit, including discontinued operations, excluding the impact of exceptional items.
3 Earnings per share for total operations
4 Cash and cash equivalents, including discontinued operations
5 Includes discontinued operations